Given the rapidly evolving situation with COVID-19 and in compliance with the Governor’s announcement today, Fort Davis ISD will extend the suspension of normal district operations through Friday, April 3rd in an effort to support our nation’s need to slow the spread of the novel coronavirus, or COVID-19. We are coordinating with other school districts in the area and will use the week of March 30th to make any decisions on whether there is a need to extend the suspension further. If there is a need to continue the suspension at that time, it would likely be for at least 2 more weeks beyond April 6th. FDISD will continue to provide instruction and instructional support via online and web-based programs, as well as sets of printed work. We will post scheduled times for dropping off completed work and picking up new assignments on Monday, March 23, on our website and FaceBook page.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has outlined the need for all communities to implement a social distancing protocol. We want to reiterate a request to our broader community to take the following reasonable precautions to prevent the spread of the illness:
- Don’t shake hands
- Wash your hands regularly
- Limit movement within the community, especially avoiding crowded placed and maintaining 3 to 6 ft of distance between people (at least an arm’s length)
- If you are moving around in the community, don’t congregate in large groups
- For those who have traveled to areas with known COVID-19 cases – both inside and outside of the country – we ask that you self-quarantine and monitor for symptoms. Students who have traveled should plan to stay home for two weeks after arriving home. Please contact your campus to let them know, and this will be considered an excused absence.
- If you suspect you have symptoms of COVID-19, call your health care provider for medical advice .
- Keep your child at home if he/she feels ill, even if you think it is just a cold.
- Do not leave the house if you are ill, except to access medical care
This is a quickly changing situation, and we will continue to monitor information, will assess conditions throughout the week, and will provide the next update by Friday, April 3 via our website and email. Thank you for your support and cooperation as we ensure that all members of the community in Fort Davis ISD stay safe and healthy.